Sunday, September 4, 2011

Still here

It's 9:22 and here I am waiting for my now stand-by dinner of roasted eggplant and heirloom tomatoes to cook. What better way to pass the time than to break my blogging fast (well, besides doing something productive)? Here's a quick recap of the past two weeks:
I saw lions and tigers and bears.
I ate stinky cheese at a very hoity toity restaurant.
I went to the Minnesota State Fair. I still don't get what all the fuss is about. I must still be a New Englander at heart and not yet fully integrated with my new home.
I rolled on the floor laughing (the best way to deflate an air mattress, the rolling that is. The laughter is an unintended side effect).
I went to camp with my new classmates, all 100 of them (four other Megans among them). Best soundbite from the two day excursion: I milked his trunk. No context is needed nor will any be provided. What happens at camp stays at camp (unless it's a venereal disease).
I bought a windows laptop just so I wouldn't have to infect my beautiful mac (risking personal safety in the process - you never know about people on craigslist).
I ate eggplant and corn almost every single day.
Speaking of eggplant, my supper is calling. My usual in-depth reflection and deep insights about the nature of life and the human spirit will follow in the next few days. I know you'll be waiting with baited breath, hitting the refresh button on your browser like the snooze on a particularly vicious Monday morning.

No comments: